Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I wonder

I understand that political candidates have to appeal to the public when seeking office. The mystery to me is, why doesn't anybody stop to ask question, HOW? How can we expect to get out from under a deficit, (in the case of our presidential candidates,) when there is no money. New schools sounds good. Low taxes sound good. Insurance for the elder and children sounds good. Does anybody besides me wonder how these things can come about?
It seems to me that before a lot of the things that are promised can happen, there are going to have to be some tough choices, not only by the American people, but also our representatives in high places. This is the same senerio with federal, state, and local levels.
It seems that every time we pick up a news paper or turn on our TV, the governor or president, or someone is promising to allocate funds for one thing or another.
I only wish I could have operated my household like this for the last 50 years. The real picture is, the american public had better start thinking about things they can do without.
Our country has been in the red for 31 of the last 35 years and I can't see getting back in the black any time soon. Sorry for the gloomy picture. ................. The Old Timer

No comments: